Sunday, February 27, 2011

A bump in the royal Crown

Every Shabbos i light my candles and go into my long list of personal prayers, the list is lengthy as you could imagine, but one prayer i always add in the very end is "please let my husband and family be safe walking to and from Shul". I know this seems so simple , but Baltimore is not known as the safest place in the world, and unfortunately there have been attacks on the Jewish community, and it scares me.
Yesterday i went to meet Dovie and my husband on their way home from Shul and as i could see them in the distance i noticed something that didn't look right. As they got closer i realized Dovie had a bump on his head about the size of a small egg. I think my heart dropped into my feet and i felt my breath skip a few intakes. It looked terrible but he was fine, it happened earlier in the morning and he was over it.
Photobucket
( this pic taken after a lot of arnica, looks so much better)
It made me think about how quickly a life can change. One day your pregnant and the next thing you know you are giving birth to a world you never knew before. One day your planning your daughters birthday party and the next day a simple check-up reveals the scariest diagnosis a mother can get ( for herself). One day your daughter refuses to stand the next day she is standing like she knew what to do her entire life. One day you feel like you will never wake up from a scary fog you are living in and one day everything seems ok again and the sky looks pretty clear. This is life its happy, its joy, its scary, its exciting, its LIFE and i love it soooo much.
I love you life!!!
Maybe because its the Jewish month of Adar and Adar means only one thing JOY. I love Adar i feel it all the way to my bones. The Simcha of this time of year comes out of me like a huge ray of fun and excitement. I love love love Purim and start planning months in advance. I have so much joy in making little costumes for my kids and planning our Shalach-Manos( gift baskets)
Photobucket
I can not wait and have so much to share with you guys but how about a little project to get us in the mood...
MINI CROWNS
( i wish i could take credit for this project but i found it online and i don't remember where)
Photobucket
Cut your toilet paper tube in half,
and then cut little points to make a crown.
One tube makes two crowns.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Paint or color as you like.
Attach String by punching holes and tying.
Now put it on and get in the mood!
Photobucket
Photobucket
SMILE ITS ADAR!!!
And don't forget the Giveaway it ends Wendesday!

10 comments :

A Yehudit said...

It's the little things like this that really make such a huge difference.... Love this post :)
(and wow, kid got a real nice shiner... glad to see he's ok)

A Yehudit said...

It's the little things like this that make a huge difference... love this post :)
(And wow, that is definitely a pretty shiner...)

Devorah said...

That's such a cute and original idea! LOVE it!!

creativejewishmom/ said...

Hi Sheva, thrilled to have you on Craft Schooling Sunday! Thanks so much for sharing a sweet project and your sweet kids! Have a wonderful Adar sheni!

creativejewishmom/ said...

Hi Sheva, thrilled to have you on Craft Schooling Sunday! Thanks so much for sharing a sweet project and your sweet kids! Have a wonderful Adar sheni!

Maya said...

Sorry about Dovie's head, that's one big bump. The crowns are so adorable! I want to make one for myself :)

Nechama said...

Isnt it weird when one day something stresses you out to no end, seriously like sick to your stomach and then the next day you dont even remember the feeling... (Like now, my mussias cough is so bad my stomach turns listening to it. can i say that hopefully by tomorrow it will be better? or well have gone to our trusty dr and get some good old meds. lol) but yes, its def called life. love it or not its urs ;) ugh. its adar.... ill keep reminding myself :)

Frayda said...

Love the project and the pictures!

Mary said...

Yikes, that's quite the head bump!

Awww cute project! The shape of those crowns reminds me of the banana crowns my dad would make for my sister and I when we were kids. Basically, use the tip of a knife to cut the points of the crown in the banana (leave the skin on while you are cutting so that the banana doesn't go mushy), then separate the two crenelated halves. Trim the non-pointy bottoms and voila, you have two banana crowns! Peel the skin off and serve. (I probably did a horrendous job of describing the process, but basically if they look the same as the crowns you made out of cardboard tubes, then they've been done correctly). That was my favorite way to eat bananas as a kid!

Anonymous said...

This craft can be made into napkin rings. I think little crowns decorated with sequins would add a festive touch to the purim seuda table.